Implement secure backup and recovery processes with our help
We develop detailed strategies for you for back up and recovery keeping in mind:
- Controlled access to the facility where the backups are stored.
- Controlled access to the physical media (e.g., no one individual should have access to both online data and the physical backup media).
- Separation of duties and the two-person rule when changes are made to the backup process.
- Perform and periodically test backups.
- Protect media and content from modification, theft, or destruction.
- Apply separation of duties and configuration-management procedures to backup systems just as you do for other system modifications.
- Apply the two-person rule for protecting the backup process and physical media so that one person cannot take action without the knowledge and approval of another employee.
We create security policies for you based on the following principles:
- Proper backup, storage, and handling of data are necessary for all departments to achieve their objectives.
- Staff must accurately follow the policy and protect the availability, confidentiality, and integrity of data.
We place controls on one or more of the following:
- Sensitive / Confidential Corporate data.
- Sensitive / Confidential Customer data.
- Configuration files.
- Critical devices.
- Managed Devices.
- Services and Applications.